September 15

An Inspiration to All…Terry Fox

Terry Fox…you may have heard the name before. He is a special man who did so much more than raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society–he taught us some important lessons about life, struggle, compassion, passion, and love.

Terry was so young when he decided he wanted to run across Canada. He lost his leg to cancer, but he didn’t let this deter him.

I can’t imagine what that would be like to lose your leg. Terry’s story reminds me of a man in the Olympics this summer who raced around the track with 2 artificial legs! Do you remember hearing about him? Click here to read about his story.

Today we watched a video about Terry Fox and his mission to give all he could to help put a stop to cancer.  Most of us know someone who has been affected by cancer. So, it is important to continue Terry’s mission and do what we can to help in the fight against this disease.

Please comment on this post and tell me:

1.  What have you learned from Terry that you could apply to your own life?       or

2. Why is it important we continue to fundraise in the fight against cancer?

Posted September 15, 2012 by MrsS in category 2012-2013 Posts, Teacher Talk

17 thoughts on “An Inspiration to All…Terry Fox

1. Grant

Terrry Fox is an inspirashonal hero to any one with/with out cancer b/c he attempted to run acros Canada to raise money for cancer.

Reply
  2. Athena

Terry Fox is so inspiring because when he ran across Canada his goal was to raise money for cancer research. He was so upset when he found out that so many people were dying from cancer. I learned that you never give up and never let your disabilty let you down and no matter how big or small you are , rich or poor, you can always make a difference by starting love and hope in your heart.

Reply
  3. hunter

This is so inspiring this tells me why the next time I see a box for cancer i’ll donate first because millions of people die from cancer,second if you donate now you could make a whole family happy,third my grampa’s famous quote ”give to the community and the community will give back”.Like Terry fox said if he died he’d die happy.

Reply
  4. zack

Terry Fox was a hero to Canada. He fought through his pain and never gave up. Terry Fox is a very good role model because he makes a goal trains for it and achives it. When i grow up i want to try to be like Terry. I will never be as heroic or brave as Terry but i can try.

Reply
  5. Marielle

I learned for Terry Fox yo not give up.It is important to continue the run because we need to keep on raising money for cancer and to not give up.So we should never give up on Terry Fox.

Reply
  6. TKN

terry fox was a great man he was the won who made me love running. He showed me to never give up and keep on trying.if you do keep on trying you can achieve anything.

Reply
  7. emma

Terry Fox’s story is so insipring to everybody who reads it because it shows us how hard it was for him to run that far and how he never gave up. He always kept trying. I learned never to give up no matter hard things get, even when times are tough. TERRY YOU ARE AWEOMSE!

Reply
  8. isabela

what I learn about Terry fox was to never give up .
    terry never give up even if he felt like he was really tired he try his best . Terry gives hope to people by his effort he inspires people with his hard work trying to complete his goal .

Reply
  9. mariana

I think that terry inspierd everyone ,it really inspiered me ,it showed me to never give up and to try my hartest when i think i am doing somthing really hard i will remember what terry went throug.

Reply
  10. Matthew A.

What I think we can take away from this video is that we should never give up hope.

When Terry Fox was alive he really tried to help many people affected by cancer.

Terry was an inspiration; we should all finish his run for him and not give up until we beat cancer.

Reply
  11. Andreia

Terry taught me to never give up. He gives all canadians hope. He makes everyone a little better at everything they do. Everyone knows that whatever they think is tough is nothing compared to what Terry did for Canada.

Reply
  12. maria alejandra

Terry Fox was an example for me because it taught me that one should never surrender to things and before you put obstacles in life

Reply
  13. Nerissa

Terry fox is so inspiring! He showed so much love,hope,strength and courage! He never gave up and tried so hard to run across canada! He said in the video that if he dies he’ll be happy because he did something amzing with one leg!

Reply
  14. claire

This video was very insperational. I learned to never give up and always try my hardest. When I think times are tough I will remember Terry fox and what he went through.

Reply