April 25

The Hunger Games Series- My thoughts

Hi everyone!

I know that by this point, I’ve just generally been posting about names. But I decided to switch it up a bit with my version of a review: As it says in the name of this post, I’ll be reviewing The Hunger Games series.

LoS JueGoS DeL HaMBRe Mario Elias via Compfight 

Hunger GamesCreative Commons License Mike Mozart via Compfight

————————————————————————————

First off, let me just say; WOW. Suzanne Collins did a magnificent job writing this book. You can see every little detail inside your head, and she definitely goes deeper than,” She was so scared when she waited to hear a name.”

I’ll tell you a little about the first book (The Hunger Games) in a Summary of sorts: Katniss Everdeen is 16 years old, and lives in the nation of Panem, left in the ruins of what was once known as North America. It is seperated into 12 districts, and a glimmering Capitol that leads them all. She lives in district 12, in the part called ‘the seam’ with her mother, and younger sister.

Every 1/2 to 1 year, there is held a fight to the death among the districts, held by the Capitol to remind them that they completely annihilated the once living 13th district at the hint of a rebellion. For this event, known as the Hunger Games, 2 tributes will be chosen at random from the age range of 12 to 18, one boy, and one girl, to be sent into the arena, where 22 other people waiting to kill everyone else and death traps set up to kill you, too. While everything you do will be happily watched by the Capitol, and not so happily watched by the districts.

Katniss is horrified when her little sister, Prim, is chosen out of the thousands to get sent into the dreaded, deathly arena. She knew she had to do something, but what? She does the only thing she could possibly think of when she was in a blaze of tensity, stress, and horror.

To find out what happens, read the book! Also, keep in mind, there are two other books in the series; Catching Fire, and MockingJay! 

Hunger Games cake 2Creative Commons License

Linda Marklund via Compfight

Have you read them?

What were your thoughts?

If you have not read these books, I strongly recommend that you do!

Posted April 25, 2016 by stepheniejv in category 2015-2016

1 thoughts on “The Hunger Games Series- My thoughts