May 3

Dance Fest 2016

Blue Jays, Lions, Tigers, Pandas, Zebras, Parrots…unite! Welcome to the jungle everyone! Our class today participated in the annual Dance Fest and the students did a fantastic job! They should all be proud of their accomplishments and enjoy a relaxing break…until next year.

Our theme was Lion King and the song we used was Circle of Life-the remix. Have a look at our performance below. Way to go Grade 6s!

Posted May 3, 2016 by MrsS in category 2015-2016, Health & Physical Education

29 thoughts on “Dance Fest 2016

1. Scott

The video said it was private and I could not watch it. Could you please fix it. I might check to see if it is fixed next week

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Hi Scott,
      So nice to hear from you! Are you enjoying your March Break?
      I’ve made the video public so you can watch it ๐Ÿ™‚

Mrs. S

Reply
  2. Kate

Dear Mrs. Sullivan,
    I had a lot of fun at dance fest. Everyone’s costumes were amazing and unique. I liked our song and the dance was choreographed really well. I enjoy seeing everyone else’s dances. Last year The Lion King was my absolute favourite movie! I think the dance and costumes match the movie. This was my favourite dance for dance fest!
    -Kate

Reply
  3. Nick

Dear Mrs S
    I really enjoyed dance fest this year. I think that the circle of life remix was a really good choice for our dance fest. I like that you in clued all of our ideas to make the dance better. I think that all our customs were cool and I liked how you let us diced what we get to be . I think this was my best dance fest yet.
    From your student/classmate Nick:) ๐Ÿ˜‰ :0

Reply
  4. Noah H

Dear Mrs Sulivan and class

i had alot of fun at dance fest. It was a great experiance for me becuase at my old school we didn’t go to carling heights. I really liked our song because of the beat in the song it got me pumped during the dance. My favourite part of the dance was when the boys got together and chuged.

Reply
  5. Mazmaz

Dance fest was quite short this year, I remember it being way longer. Dance fest is a cool concept that brings a bunch of classes together.
    The song was quite cool too, suprisingly I have never even watched The Lion King but the original version of the remix we used was the only thing I know about The Lion King.

Reply
  6. Ella

Hi everyone!

I really enjoyed dance fest this year. It’s probably been my favourite dace since grade two. (In grade two it was basketball themed.) The costumes were so creative! We had lions, monkeys, zebras, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, and we even had a parrot. WOW!

-Ella

Reply
  7. Ryan V

Dear Mrs. Sullivan/class ,
    i really enjoyed this years dance fest because we got to learn a lot of different dance moves and we also got to see the other classes dances. i hope we got another great song just like this years remix which i loved so much.
    sincerely, Ryan V

Reply
  8. Emma

Dear Class,
    Dance fest was so much fun. I agree with Stephenie that it was my favourite dance too. It was creative and different (in a good way). I loved the song too. I bet no one saw it coming! It was a fantastic dance and in was so exited to perform it. I can’t wait for next year. I hope it is as energetic and creative as this year!
    Your classmate,
    Emma

Reply
  9. Justin

dear Mrs Sullivan and Class
    I thought our dance looked really good. Everyone new what to do and when to do it. I really liked the song this year and it was really fun making and learning the dance. I also thought it was really cool that we got to watch other dances from other schools. This year especially, I really enjoyed the dance unit. Over all I thought that everybody did a great job doing the dance.

From Your Favorite student, Justin ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply
  10. Gabi

Hello Mrs. Sullivan and class,

I thought our class did an outstanding dance this year! It was fun and up – beat and the song really spiced it up. Thank you Mrs. Sullivan for picking out a such an unique song… The circle of life District 78. It really changed dance fest up! I very much enjoyed putting our dance together.

I had such a great time learning the dance. Also, I really enjoyed our dance fest this year because we got to watch a variety of different dances (THEY WERE ALL SO GOOD!). Overall I think dance fest when very well. ๐Ÿ™‚

– Gabi –

Reply
  11. heather

Hi Mrs. Sullivan ,
    This year’s dance fest was definitely my favourite one yet! The song was very unique and interesting. I really enjoyed all of the different dance moves we learned. I liked how you chose the ‘animal kingdom’ theme because not very many schools do that. this year is the first year that I’ve actually used face paint and got to choose my own costume. Overall, this year was my best experience at dance fest.
    Heather

Reply
  12. Ryan .D

Ryan,
    Hi guys great job at dance fest, we had a great song.So that was helpful and every body new what to do. we also only had three weeks to prepare. This was probably my favorite dance of the years I bin at this school. Once again guys great job and hope you enjoyed the dance to.

Reply
  13. calvin

Hey everyone
    i really liked the performance. our class has worked really hard on this dance. our class was supposed to dress like an animal everyone did a good job on that except for me i was just Waring a black shirt and black pants i was trying to look like a black panther but that did not work out as i planed. but that is OK there is always next year.

Reply
  14. Mateo

Hello

dance fest was fun, i don’t know how to describe it. I loved our song and i am looking forward to next year.
    ( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

Reply
  15. Patrick1jv

Hello everybody!
    I thought that our dance would go horribly wrong, but obviously, that isn’t the case.
    I really didn’t know what the dance would look like, but know i do! And i now feel kinda embarrassed -_-
    I think i look really silly! I don’t know why I had a 2 meter-long pipe cleaner in my pants for 2 hours…
    But overall, dance fest wasn’t as bad as i thought it would be! Also, I recently found out about a song called 8 bit adventure that I really like! I think it would be an interesting song for dance fest!
    So long,
    Patrick

Reply
  16. Danielle

Hi everyone,
    i think this dance was super creative and fun to do for dancefest. I had a great time practicing. I also loved the song, and i definitely loved the costumes.

It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves throughout the whole dance. I know i was. All the costumes were great. I just have one question:

What made you choose the song?

By: Danielle

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Danielle,
      Typically, I like to get ideas from students, but this year we didn’t have any song suggestions. So next, I think of themes that are unique and interesting. I then try to find a song to match the theme and go from there!
      Mrs. S.

Reply
  17. Aidan

Look at me in the dance right in the V
    I messed up I stood in the middle. Quickly
    I realized I messed up and ran to the wrong side,
    then i ran through the middle to get to my partner.
    Lol

From Aidan

Reply
  18. Ashley

Hi
    I had a lot of fun at dance fest this year. I really liked the song, and the costumes were amazing! I liked how in our dance everyone was moving around and not staying in the same place for very long. The other dances were good too, but we DEFINATLY had the best costumes. I hope I get another amazing dance next year.
    -Ashley

Reply
  19. Emma

Hi everyone! I really like our dance song this year, it was very creative. I also really liked our dance moves to the song it was unique and cool. I really enjoyed out dance this year.
    From Emma

Reply
  20. scottjv

Most of our class did a great job in choosing different animals! I was a parrot in the play, and I actually did not want to be seen like that in public. We presented with two other schools who also took the time to show us their dance. Who knew that…
    -Listening well,
    -Practising over and over again
    -Dressing up like an animal
    -Bringing materials (ie stool and ruler)
    Also by presenting how we were supposed to and to impress everyone.
    Your parrot,
    Scott

Reply
  21. Adam

Dear, Mrs. Sullivan and class
    I really enjoyed this dancefest because of the song and the dance we did together.
    I loved everyone’s costumes and I look forward to seeing what our song and dance is gonna be next year.

Reply
  22. Kayla

Dear, Mrs. S

I liked the song we danced to this year. I think it suited our class well. Instead of the normal matching outfits that people wear for dance fest, I liked how we had different costumes/outfits like lions, zebras, monkeys and hyenas. I think we did an excellent job with the overall performance.

From, Kayla

Reply
  23. stepheniejv

Hi everyone!
    I love our song this year… It’s my favourite dancefest dance I’ve ever done by a landslide. I felt very… noticed when we were walking by everyone with my costume on!

But something that I want to know is: how does our teacher come up with all these completely unique songs? And trust me, I’m NOT just talking about this year:

This year- The circle of life District 78 (Search it up on YouTube!)
    Last Year- The Nights/Fireball
    Year Before- A puppet/marionette themed song (Not sure of its name– Sorry!)
    ———
    See what I mean? How DOES she?
    ——–

Great job to everyone on their performances, anyways! And by the way, who are those rocking tigers in the last picture? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Your Friend,
    Stephenie

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Stephenie,
      Your time and effort on putting together your costume was outstanding! How long did it take?!
      I’m glad you enjoyed yourself–that’s important. ๐Ÿ™‚ Who knows what next year will bring? I already have an idea in the works…
      Mrs. S.

Reply
      1. Stepheniejv

Hi Mrs. Sullivan!
        I’m glad you liked my costume… It took a few days. I used some orange tape. But it’s kind of hard to describe the actual tape because you peel it off a white paper and then it becomes sticky. Kind of like a sticker! I cut it into stripes, and peeled + stuck them on! I quite liked the way it turned out, and you may have noticed that the Emma who WASN’T the lion king had used the same tape. I let her use some, and she made it look like the same animal as mine (since we were both tigers) while making it look unique and different.

Your Friend,
        Stephenie.
        ๐Ÿ™‚

Reply
  24. Noah C

Dear Miss Sullivan and class,
    I really enjoyed our dance fest this year because we got to watch a variety of different dances. I liked our song because the remix changed it up a bit. I enjoyed putting our dance together and overall I think it went pretty well. I wonder what dance we will do next year?
    Sincerely,
    Noah

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Noah,
      I’m glad you had fun this year. It’s important to get out there and participate in something a little different than the normal school stuff! Great work out there!
      Mrs. S.

Reply