June 28

Summer is Upon Us

27426637865_5a3fcc6013The official start of the summer season was June 21, but tomorrow is our last day of school for 2015-2016! The buzz is in the air and excitement is flowing through everyone’s veins.

The year has flown by and so many memories have been made. There is much to be thankful for.

What memories have stuck with you? What books will you read over the summer? What are you looking forward to? What do you think Grade 7 will be like?Β 

Have a wonderful summer holiday! You will be missed.

Posted June 28, 2016 by MrsS in category 2015-2016, Teacher Talk

36 thoughts on “Summer is Upon Us

1. Emma.W

Dear Mrs. Sullivan
    this year has been great! we had an amazing class and an awesome teacher. This year flew by so fast, I will never forget it. I liked all the school trips that we had especially East park because I go there a lot. I am super excited for camps and other stuff planned for the summer.I am sad that this year has come to a end but I am super excited for grade 7 although its more tough I think everybody can get through it.
    from :Emma.W

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Emma,
      This year really did fly by, didn’t it? I hope you have fun at camp and enjoy your holiday! All the best in Grade 7.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  2. Kayla

Dear, Mrs. Sullivan
    This school year was a great year because we had a great teacher and pretty good classmates. I also think it’s really cool that we had 3 end of year field trips. I wish school wasn’t about too end because school is awesome. I’m looking forward to a camp that I’m going too. I also think i will read around 50 books this summer. I think grade 7 might be kind of tough, but I know we can all get through it. To me this school year went by really fast, but I’m looking forward to next year. If I could I would go back in time just so I could live through this school year again.

From, Kayla

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Kayla,
      I hope you have a lot of fun at camp this summer. I used to go to camp every year and loved it! Fifty book? Wow!
      You are certainly ambitious. I can’t wait to hear about some of your favourites. Pass on any suggestions for my classroom library.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  3. Danielle

Dear Mrs.Sullivan,
    this summer i’m going to remember the days that were weird, amazing, and the most eventful. Like when I tried out for the cabaret, made it, and Sojein jumped on me. She was happy by the way. Also i think i going to read about 50 books this summer. I can’t help it. Books are amazing! For grade 7 i think it will be an another fun year.

From,
    Danielle

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Danielle,
      I’m so proud of your Cabaret performance. You took a risk and it payed off! Do more of this.
      Have an amazing summer,
      Mrs. S

Reply
  4. Gabi

Hello,

This school year had its ups and downs, but it was a great school year overall. I agree that everyone is exited for school to end… I know I am.

To answer your questions a lot of memories have stuck with me. For example one of the memories was that a kid on my bus ate a Skittle out of chewed gum. :O I am planing to read any books I can get my hands on! I am looking forward to my trips that I am going on this summer. I don’t know what grade 7 is going to be like and I cannot wait to find out!

Have a wonderful summer everyone! πŸ™‚

-Gabi-

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Gabi,
      I hope you have a wonderful summer and get to enjoy some books to tell me about! I’m always looking for new recommendations.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  5. Emma

I am feeling mixed emotions about summer. I will miss all of the memories we have had as a class, but on the other hand I have lot’s planned for summer! My favourite memory of this year was the food bank because it was a lot of fun and I was helping out other people. In the summer i am going camping a lot but I am most exited to see my cousins from England.
    -Emma

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Emma,
      It sounds like you have a fantastic summer planned. Yes, the Food Bank was a special trip and I’m glad it remains close to your heart πŸ™‚ It’s one of my favourites, too.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  6. justin

Dear Mrs Sullivan
    I had a really great year this year,its flown bye and I’m sad that this year has come to an end but I’m looking forward to having a great summer. I learned so many new things and have had so much fun. I’m not sure what kind of books i will read this summer but my goal is to read about 10 books. I’m looking forward to meeting new people, learning many new things and most importantly having fun. I think Grade 7 will be a really good year, Its a really big change from grade 6-7 and I’m looking forward to it.
    From Your favorite student, Justin πŸ™‚

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Justin,
      This year has really flown by, I agree. Thanks for all your hard work. I know you will have an amazing Gr.7 year. Keep smiling and enjoy a well-deserved summer break!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  7. Mazmaz

Dear,

Ms.S (or anyone who might be reading this)
    I love the summer, it’s a good way to just relax and and have lazy sundays all summer. I need a break, that’s for sure. Whoever created summer is amazing.

– Matteo

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Matteo,
      Have a great summer! You’ve earned a break for sure. Soak up some sun and don’t forget to find a few good books to enjoy along the way.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  8. Ashley

Hi
    I had a lot of fun in Grade six but I’m really looking forward to Summer vacation. This Summer I’m really looking forward to visiting my cousins Gabby and Nick in New Jersey. I’m going to do the Get Caught Reading program at the library, and I’m going to finish the Twilight series. I’m a a little nervous for Grade seven but if it’s as fun as Grade six was I’ll be okay. My favorite memories from Grade six are the Cabaret, East Park and reading in the dark. I hope you have a great Summer Mrs. Sullivan!
    -Ashley

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Ashley,
      It sounds like you’ve got a lot of FUN planned for this summer! I hope you enjoy your time with your family and keep on readin’!! Let me know if you have any books to recommend. You know how much I love recommendations and adding to the library.
      All the best in Grade 7! You’ll be great!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  9. Ryan .D

Ryan,
    I am exited for the summer, why you might say, I’ll tell you why, because it will be an amazing break from all this hard work. I also can’t wait for the summer because I can’t wait to go camping with my family. This year has bin fun! But I really think the summer will be a little funner!

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Ryan,
      You’ve worked hard this year and you should be proud!! Enjoy your camping trip(s) with your family. Will you be doing any fishing? Making s’mores?
      Mrs. S

Reply
  10. Mateo

summer,
    what do i think of it . summer is every thing i could ask for,no bed times, you can play video games on Mondays and you can relax in the pool or enjoy playing a sport. i am exited for next year it will be a good time but the math level gets steeped up and it gets a little harder. but i am looking forward to be seeing the familiar faces of teachers next school year

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Mateo,
      Summer is truly a wonderful season. The sun, the time off, the relaxation, swimming, and so much more. I hope your summer is filled with awesome memories. Keep working hard. You’ll love grade 7!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  11. calvin

dear class
    i am so exited for the summer it will be a well needed brake from school it will also give use time to rest our brains and get ready for grade seven.over the summer i am going to go on a couple of camping vacations and some vacations to cites i have never been to. i think grade seven will be a fun experience at times it may be hard but i think i will make it through grade seven. but right now i am going to focus on the present. what will you do over the summer?
    sincerely
    Calvin

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Calvin,
      You’re right–summer is a well-deserved break. You’ve earned it! You’ve worked hard and now you can get some R+R. I hope you enjoy your camping trips and will have so many more memories to write about πŸ™‚ I’m going to do a little camping myself and visit with friends.
      All the best in Gr.7. You’ll be great.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  12. luca

I am exited for summer. I get to relax, play with my brother, and do NO homework! I am going to read some books. I am looking forward to Gr.7 because I think it’s going to be awesome.
    luca

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Luca,
      Have a terrific vacation. You’ve earned it. Be proud of all that you’ve accomplished this year. You’ve come so far.
      All the best in Grade 7!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  13. scottjv

I do not want to leave school. There are so many good memories and I don’t want to be in grade seven. i’ll be too old and i’ll miss my friends. I’m too sad and if I grow older I might be even more sader. This comment is also making me sad. Can I be in grade 6 again??? If so thank you.

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Scott,
      The memories will last a lifetime. You’ve got so much to look forward to as well. You’ll do great in Gr.7.
      Have a terrific summer break.
      Mrs. S

Reply
  14. nick

Dear Mrs S
    I’ve had so many memories this year like going to east park and meeting new friends when we were there. I’m looking forward to hanging with my friends and going golfing. I’m so exited to go to a blue jays game this summer. i think grade 7 will be lots of fun and hard. I hope i get the teacher i want next year. i hope you have a good summer.
    From your student/ classmates
    Nick πŸ˜‰
    and Ryan πŸ™‚

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Nick,
      Have fun golfing! Do you have a favourite golf course? What would be your dream golf course to play on? All the best in Gr.7. You’ll be fantastic and do great things.

Mrs. S
      Go Jays Go!

Reply
  15. Noah H

Dear, Mrs,s and class of 2k16
    It makes me excited when school is over but sad at the same time becuase i will not get to see my friends everyday but there is no school . If i went to camp with my friends I could see them more often but unfortunately I am not.

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Noah,
      Friends are such an important part of school, so I know what you mean when you say it’s sad when school ends because people get busy with family and vacation time. I know you will keep busy and make many great memories this summer. All the best in Grade 7!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  16. Patrick

Dear Mrs S,
    I really liked this year, and I really liked having you as a teacher! This year has been really fun, especially in this past month! (I’m also looking forward to the summer birthdays today and my birthday in the summer)
    The field trip to the Westmount library was really fun, and I picked up a great book! I really don’t know what grade 7 will be like, so i’m a bit scared for next year. I hope I get a teacher as great as you for next year!

From,
    Patrick.

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Patrick, you will be missed. I know you will be wonderfully successful in grade 7 and you will have a fantastic year! I hope you have a terrific birthday in the summmer.
      Mrs. S

Reply
    2. MrsS (Post author)

Dear Patrick,
      I’m so happy you enjoyed your year. You’ve worked hard and I’ve seen you grow so much since September. You should be proud of all your accomplishments. I know you’ll do great things in Gr.7…and beyond.
      All the best!
      From,
      Mrs. S

Reply