September 13

Finding Joy

We’ve learned many ‘words of the day’ including Pacific, Morose, and Plethora, but today our word of the day was a simple but powerful word: “joy” which is exactly what I feel when teaching my students! So far this year I’ve seen a joy of reading, a joy of writing, finding joy in our friendships, joy in French class, and so much more.

Where do you find joy in your life?

We have been working hard crafting our Summer Sandwich stories. Our summer vacations sound so incredible! We can’t wait to share them with each other and hang them on our bulletin board. Mrs. Sullivan knows when we can push ourselves a bit harder and write with even more detail, so sometimes we have to think of other ideas and information to add.

Laced !

Creative Commons License Craig Sunter via Compfight

We have been practicing for Cross Country outside every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This is a great opportunity to join together as a school community and let our energy out! At the end of every run, each teacher carefully chooses one student from their class who is deserving of special recognition. Martin and Ava F. from our class have been the recent recipients of a medal due to their excellent efforts thus far. I’ve been so amazed with the stamina and positive attitude of all of our students. Bravo!

Posted September 13, 2016 by MrsS in category Teacher Talk