November 14

Shoebox Habitats

Our culminating project for Science has concluded and the students are definitely proud of their efforts. Many hours of research and planning were involved in creating the final projects–a shoebox diorama of a specific habitat and animal. The amount of detail and thought put into the design of these dioramas is amazing! I am so impressed! I think you will be, too.

As you will see, students selected quite a variety of animals and their habitats which made for an interesting assortment of projects. Students became ‘experts’ in their chosen habitat and were keen to share their learning with others.

Take a look at the Gr.3’s hard work:

What do you think of our projects?

If you could create a shoebox diorama, which habitat would you recreate?

Posted November 14, 2017 by MrsS in category 2017-2018, Science and Social Studies, Teacher Talk

7 thoughts on “Shoebox Habitats

1. Maria B

Hello Mrs. Sullivan,

I enjoyed the video showcasing the class diorama project. All the students did an amazing job! Thank you for coming up with this unique habitat project. I’m sure they all learned a lot of new and exciting facts about their chosen habitats.

Great job everyone! 🙂

Maria B (Evangelos’ mom)

Reply
  2. Jacob B.

Dear Mrs. S. Can we do the diorama project again. It was really fun. I liked the idea of using moss for grass. From Jacob B.

p.s. I really liked the video that you posted.

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Jacob,
      I’m glad to hear you enjoyed building your diorama. It’s always fun to build things! Have you ever used animoto to make a video before? It’s free and is a lot of fun to put together.
      From,
      Mrs. Sullivan

Reply
  3. Ms. A. Johnson

Hello all! This is Ms. A. Johnson from Texas! I love the habitat project! If I could create a shoebox habitat, I would pick the rainforest!

My students are looking forward to hearing from y’all (that is a Texas word!)

Reply