Students have been busily writing their opinions on various topics. We brainstormed ‘hot topics‘. Some of the ideas that were generated in our class included:
- should our school have a junior/intermediate playground?
- should our school have a pool?
- should animals be kept in zoos?
- do boys and girls have equal ability when it comes to sports?
- should there be year round schooling
We are learning to structure our writing with an opening sentence clearly stating our opinion followed by 3 reasons why we believe it to be so. Finally, we finish with a concluding sentence, restating our opinion.
Have a look below at the students engaged in a sharing activity called “Inside/Outside Circle” where the outside circle rotates and the inside circle stays. Students share their paragraph and receive feedback on their work.
What’s something you feel very strongly FOR or AGAINST?