October 8

Cross Country Meet

Brrr….it’s cold out there! It may not have rained, but it was certainly chilly out there as our school, along with several others, gathered to compete at the annual Cross Country Meet.

We’ve been training since the start of school, as often as we can, to prepare for this day and many students in our class were happy with their results. That hard work paid off!

Despite the mud, wind, and cold, we remained positive and cheered on our friends! I’m so proud of all of you! Congratulations.

How do you think you did at the Meet? What did you think of the course? Was it long? Too short? Just right? How muddy were your feet? What do you hope for next year?

IMG_1334 IMG_1340 IMG_1341 IMG_1331

Posted October 8, 2014 by MrsS in category 2014-2015, Teacher Talk

19 thoughts on “Cross Country Meet

1. Emma

Dear Mrs.Sullavan,
    The cross contry meet was very chilly. Druring some parts of the track it was hard to run because you were runing aganst the heavy wind! This year it felt like the track was shorter than last year, but just the right size. It was soo mudy on the track that I almost lost ny shoe! I had so much fun. Did you have as nuch fun as me?

Reply
  2. sydney

Dear Mrs.Sullivan,
    I hope you had fun watching us. This year I beat last year because I came in 94th and last year I came in 136th.

Sydney

Reply
  3. Victoria Kata

I had a great day at cross country! I got to see my friends from different schools and run with them. I came in 147 but I think I did better last year. I still had alot of fun and hope to see everyone beat their place next year!

Reply
  4. Dante

Dear Mrs.sullivan and class
    It sure was cold and muddy that day but I still had lots of fun. After the race my my pants looked they were just dunked in mud (well they practically were). I got gold and I think that I did really good (considering I am not the best runner).I ran with my friend Ryan just because we are about the same speed. something funny I saw on my way through the course was a person losing their shoes In a puddle. I think that everyone did great and I can’t wait for next year! (kind of )

From your classmate /student Dante 🙂

Reply
  5. Karson

I had a great time at the cross country meet. I am proud of myself as I ran the whole thing and placed 9 better than last year. Thank you for taking us even though it was very windy and chilly out. I still have all the garbage bags I collected if anyone would like one come and see me

Reply
    1. missb (Post author)

Karson,
      You were quite the garbage bag collector! That wind was certainly making it a challenging task to hold on to anything!
      I am so happy you are proud of yourself, as I am, too! Congratulations on your placement!
      Mrs. S

Reply
  6. Braedan

ha ha! looks like you guys had fun, sad I couldnt be there 🙁 hope it isn’t as windy next year though

From Braedan with a smile 😉

Reply
  7. Christopher

The cross country was cold, wet and of course very sloppy. I got 23 better then last year if I am correct.
    Im still warming up!

From your fellow classmate
    Chris

Reply
  8. Kendra

wow… I had so much fun at the cross country meet!! I did a lot better this year then last year. last year I got 101 place and this year I got 80. I am not the best runner but hey at least I tried my best!! Julia and I were going to tie but we didn’t. we didn’t tie because Julia beat me on the mini run so I decide I would beat her this time so I sprinted to the finish!! it was really really muddy but it was a lot of fun!!

Reply
  9. Jeremy

During the run I could hardly breath because It was so cold but overall I got 110th so pretty good considering that but after It was sooooo cold with the watery mud on my feet, I felt like my feet had hypothermia so I wrapped up in my towel and tried to sleep but ended out just giving up on that in the end I had fun so I guess that’s all that matters.

Reply
  10. Kianna

Dear Miss Sullvan and class,

It was fun to run today I saw all my friends at cross country. It was hard to run when there’s was puddles and I went in a big one, but it was fun with all my friend’s at cross country. I can’t wait to run next year!!YAAA 😐

Kianna

Reply
  11. Tony

Dear Mrs. Sullivan and fellow classmates,

I surprisingly really liked the cross country meet today. I had soo much fun! The race was actually exiting. I had soo much fun watching my friends from school and from other school’s race and we just chilled together after which was fun. Overall I enjoyed it. Did you enjoy it? What place did you get? Was the place you got this year better than last years? Did you meat your friends from other school’s like me? And overall did you have fun?

From your fellow classmate and student,
    Tony

Reply
  12. Gabi S

Wow! What a great day. It was hard to run against the wind but I think everybody did amazing. I liked the course but it was very, very muddy! My clothes and shoes are destroyed with mud and dirt. They are staying outside in the garage until they are dried. The length of the track was just right. I was really happy with my silver finish. It is my best so far!!! I hope I place the same or better. Can’t wait to run next year!

Reply
  13. Noah

Dear Miss Sullvan and class,

I had so much fun at the meat. At first I was a little bit disappointed because I did worse than last year. last year I came 1st and this year I came, 11th, but after a wile I was proud of my self.

Noah

Reply