Food Chain Fun
What’s a food chain? How does energy flow from one thing to the next?
A food chain shows us how each living thing gets its food.
A fun game we played together in class today showed us how a food chain works and gave us a chance to make our own food chains in small groups. Give it a try! Click here to try it for yourself. (Make sure Adobe Flash is up to date).
Here is some vocabulary we’ve been exploring:
- producers (make their own food, such as plants)
- consumers (cannot make their own food, such as animals)
- decomposers (break down food and eat dead plants and animals, such as bacteria, fungi, worms)
- herbivores (plant eaters)
- carnivores (meat eaters)
- omnivores (both plant and meat eaters)
What type of eater are you?
Here is a short video about food chains and food webs.