March 23

#LearningTogetherFromaDistance-Episode1

Howdy Everyone! Normally, we’d be back together today after the March Break, but instead we find ourselves at home, surrounded by people who love us and who are helping keep your mind off the craziness of the world right now. Am I right? Take a deep breath–I’m right there with you and you can always say hello via video message, email, or through the blog. I’d love to hear from you!

I will be sharing with you each Monday, Wednesday and Friday videos, links, suggestions for learning, and of course, I will be reading to you from our Read Aloud, The Wild Robot! I may ask you questions and you can respond to my questions on the blog posts.

Let’s stay connected and be mindful of all the positivity in the world out there. We’re in this together!

Be kind, be positive, and be safe.

Big virtual hugs,

Mrs. Sullivan

P.S. Be extra kind to your parents and siblings. It’s not easy for them either during this time. Listen to your parents and don’t drive them crazy too much.

————————————————————————————————

Language–listen to our Read Aloud, The Wild Robot, and respond to Mrs. Sullivan’s question in her blog post.Mrs. S will post her reading a few chapters later today.

Math—Let’s talk multiplication—are you practicing your times tables? After all, you’ve got time!

Task today: Make your own flash cards out of paper. You already know your

0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, 10.   So, your first task is to make flash cards for the 4 times tables.

Start with 4 x 0, then do 4 x 1, 4 x 2, 4 x 3…all the way to the tens.

Practice every day for about 10 minutes.  On Wednesday, I’ll give you your next task.

Science—I came across this scavenger hunt that I’d love for you to try.

Also, how is your plant coming along? Were you given wheat or soy seeds? Share what yours looks like by emailing me your photos!

Here is one from someone you know!!

Art–Have you Met Mo Willems? I’m sure you are familiar with his books! Check out his first episode of Lunch Doodles.

Posted March 23, 2020 by MrsS in category 2019-2020, Teacher Talk

2 thoughts on “#LearningTogetherFromaDistance-Episode1