February 9

Racing Against Drugs

Last week several classes at our school took a trip to experience the annual presentation called “Racing Against Drugs”. This is a chance for students to learn about health and safety, making good choices and being responsible citizens in our community.

Students traveled to various stations or “pit stops” where they spent 10 minutes learning from various professionals about a specific topic. Some of the topics we learned about included cyber safety, bullying, stranger danger, drugs, smoking, Blockparent, CN Railway safety, cyberbullying, fire safety, and much more. The OPP, London Health Sciences Centre, London Fire Department, Paramedics, London Police, Crimestoppers and others were on hand, educating students in fun and interactive ways.

At the end of visiting the pit stops, all visiting schools gathered to watch a highly energetic and competitive race using remote controlled cars that got everyone cheering for their school’s team.

A great learning experience indeed. Have a look below at our experiences:

Posted February 9, 2015 by MrsS in category 2014-2015, Teacher Talk

6 thoughts on “Racing Against Drugs

1. tonyjv

Dear Mrs. Sullivan and classmates,

I really enjoyed the “Racing Against Drugs” firld trip it was really, really fun and I learned lots.
    I enjoyed evevry pit stop but unfornutely we didn’t get to every one but either way I really like it and I hope we do something like that again.

From your classmate,
    Tony

Reply
  2. julia

Hey, it’s Julia!
    The Racing Againest Drugs field trip actually shows you how scary it is to take drugs, go to jail, drinking alcohol, and lot’s more! There are many bad side affects and consequences that go along so I would recemend more older grades going to racing againest drugs and learn how difficult it is to live life to the fullest when you do all of this stuff! Do you agree?

Reply
  3. Dante

Dear Mrs. Sullivan and classmates

I really enjoyed going to Racing Against Drugs. All of the pit stops we went to taught us things but in a fun way. We got to learn about things like drugs, bullying, and railway safety. I would enjoy to go back again another time for sure!

From,
    Dante

Reply
    1. stepheniejv

Hi Dante!
      I enjoyed racing against drugs too. I also liked the “pit stops”, although seeing the pig lungs was pretty gross, pink OR black! I would go back again if I could…
      Your Friend,
      Stephenie

Reply
  4. karson

i realy liked the field trip i lerned lots and had fun my favorit part was the car races they were fun and loud thank you for taking us.

Reply