March 25

#LearningfromaDistance-Episode2

Hi Friends,

I’m happy to be connecting with many of you over the past few days. It really makes me smile to see you and hear from you.

Here are some suggestions from me today to keep the learning going.

Math–how did your 4 times tables go? If you made your flash cards for the 4 times tables–good for you! Also, if you haven’t yet, make flash cards for the 2, 3, 5, 9, and 10s. I’m going to quiz you on Friday in a video. Get ready! I’m going to be fast.

Science–go outdoors and take photos of at least 10 things you see that show signs of Spring.  Walk around the neighborhood or look in your own yard. If you have an app such as piccollage (it’s free), you can put them in the app and share it with me!

For Fun–Indoor Scavenger Hunt. Afterwards, make your own indoor OR outdoor scavenger hunt for one of your family members!

[embeddoc url=”https://learningin21.edublogs.org/files/2020/03/IndoorScavengerHunt-1.docx” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]

Language–listen to Mrs. Sullivan’s 2nd reading of The Wild Robot. I’d love for you to create a map of what you think the island looks like. Use any size paper you like–the regular sized paper works fine. Colour and label your map. Take a picture of your map and share it with me via email. I will post it to the blog!

Show things such as:

– where the pond is where the beaver family lives. Draw the beavers.

– where the Nest is located. Draw the Nest.

– where the robot graveyard is located and where the otters hang out

– where the cliff is where Brightbill was practicing his flying skills and where one of the bears (Thorn) almost died.

– the mountain

– the meadow in the center of the island

– any other features you wish to include (ex. a waterfall)

Lastly–As you may have seen in my videos, the yellow sticky note I’m using as a bookmark is just not great. I am looking for some new bookmarks! Would you be willing to design and make one for me? The next time I see you, I’d be so delighted to use it in my read aloud 🙂

Posted March 25, 2020 by MrsS in category 2019-2020, Teacher Talk