February 16

February Musings

I don’t know about you but February is slipping away before our eyes. I thought I should share with you many photos I’ve taken over the last several weeks.

Recently, we’ve been learning how to craft a persuasive letter. We had some good discussions as part of our brainstorming sessions about what topics or issues are important to us. Some of us expressed a wish to have vending machines at school, while others were planning to direct their letters at their parents stating their desire to have a certain pet. A few students were writing to me telling me how much they thought we should have a pet fish…hmmm…

A more long-term writing task is that we are beginning the process of connecting with our new penpals–a Gr.3 class in Oakville with Mrs. Rivait’s class. For many of us, this is the first time we’ve had penpals, so we’re looking forward to seeing how it all goes. Stay tuned!

Check out some of our class activities!

Posted February 16, 2022 by MrsS in category 2020-2021, Teacher Talk

7 thoughts on “February Musings

1. Hannah

Dear Mrs Sullivan,

I love the pictures you took.

Are you going to take more over the years?i think you should.

From,
    Hannah

Reply
  2. Remy

Dear Mrs. Sullivan
    I like the pictures of the class and the paintings of the hearts for Valentine’s Day and I I wonder what you’re going to paint next. From, Remy

Reply