December 7

….and they’re off!

Our students are thrilled to have pen-pals this year. We are partnered with a Grade 3 class from Texas. Our students brainstormed, drafted, and wrote their good copy of their very first pen-pal letter and also drew a picture to accompany the letter. We learned about the parts that make up a letter and how to properly address an envelope. Our letters should arrive in Texas on Tuesday. I will ask Mrs. J for her to take a picture of her class opening our parcel and reading our letters!

We are super excited to receive letters in return! We hope they arrive before Christmas.

Posted December 7, 2017 by MrsS in category 2017-2018, Teacher Talk, Writing Workshop

4 thoughts on “….and they’re off!

1. Sarah

Hi Mrs. Sullivan! My name is Sarah, and I am commenting from British Columbia, Canada. I think it’s awesome your class has pen pals!I’m 12, almost 13 now, but when I was 8 I moved from pretty far away to here, but one of my old friends I kept as a pen pal. I’ve fallen out of contact with her now, but maybe I’ll make an effort and send her a letter. Anyway, I love this post! If you have time to come visit my blog, it’s at sarahzz19@edublogs.org.
    Have a great day!
    ~Sarah

Reply
  2. Brandon D

Dear Mrs Sullivan,I am so glad you mailed our letters to our pen pals!last night I went on google earth and I saw there school in TX.I am really enjoying being in Sarnia with my grandparents but it is very cold.From Brandon D.

Reply
    1. MrsS (Post author)

Brandon,
      We miss having you here! We hope you are enjoying your time with your grandparents. See you soon,
      Mrs. Sullivan

Reply