That Makes Cents
How many ways can you make $1.00 with Canadian coins? Today we had some great discussion around Canadian currency…how colourful it is, what other forms of payment can someone use? when is cash necessary? what are the bills made of? what images are on our coins? why do we not use pennies? and much more.
Did you know that Canada has 2 mints–one in Winnipeg and one in Ottawa?
- The mint in Winnipeg produces every single Canadian circulation coin— literally billions each year. It was established in 1976.
- The Ottawa facility produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. This is where the master tooling is done to create the dies that strike coin designs for both circulation and commemorative issues.
Click here to learn a little bit more about Canadian money.
Students worked together in their teams to come up with as many ways as possible to make $1.00.
Latest posts by MrsS (see all)
- Remember that You are Dust and to Dust You Shall Return - February 14, 2018
- Shrove Tuesday - February 13, 2018
- Third Graders Teach Addition Strategies - February 12, 2018