October 11

A Cardio Workout

Howdy Bloggers and Visitors!

One of our favourite classes in school is Gym.  (No surprise, right?).  We’ve wrapped up our first unit on Cross Country and our next unit is all about volleyball.

But today, we transformed the gym into a circuit training session. We had 6 different stations including:

• Hula hoops
  • Jumping side to side along a bench
  • Situps and pushups on mats
  • Sprints and burpees
  • Step ups on a bench
  • Skipping with a rope

We had about 3 minutes per station and when the music stopped or Miss B blew the whistle, it was time to rotate.

We definitely  were using more oxygen during gym class today, and gave our heart a healthy workout.

Click here to read a good article about why exercise is cool.

What’s your favourite subject in school? Why?

Posted October 11, 2012 by MrsS in category 2012-2013 Posts, Teacher Talk

18 thoughts on “A Cardio Workout

1. Rudy

Dear Miss B. and classmates

My favourite subject in school is for sure gym because we get to actually move around. Other than art, this is the only fun subject we actually have.

From Rudy.

Reply
  2. Isabella

Dear Miss B.

My favourite subject is Math because I get smarter and also I get to go on reflex math, It helps me to think straight.

Reply
  3. Lisa Bonelli

Dear Miss B and Class

Wow that was a great workout! Im tired just watching you! It’s nice to see that everyone is participating and having fun at the same time.

Keep up the great work!

Lisa Bonelli

Reply
  4. t.k.n

Dear Miss B and fellow classmates,

I don`t have a favorite subject. But my favorite subjects are
    1. math
    2.french
    3.art
    4.writing workshop
    5.reading workshops
    I love doing all of these subjects and I can`t choose a specific one that I like best.

Sincerely, your friend TKN

Reply
  5. athena

Dear Miss B and classmates,
    I think my favourite subject is gym because I really like sports like basketball, dodgeball, running, soccer and swimming. I also like art because I like to draw and paint things.
    From Athena

Reply
  6. Susy Blesity

Hello,
    Glad to see the class being so heavily involved in physical activity, what a great way to stimulate their minds and of course their body’s…can’t wait to see what’s up next…Susy (Zack’s mom)

Reply
  7. Matthew A.

Dear Miss B and Friends,

I think my favourite subject in school is art. I really like to draw and paint because I find it interesting and fun.

Matt

Reply
  8. Nick

Dear Mrs B and class,
    That was a really hard workout! I never knew that we were getting video taped! I was sweating like CRAZY after that. The most tiring station was the running forward then running backwards to the cones. I had a lot of fun doing it. Thanks!
    from Nick

Reply
    1. t.k.n

Dear Nick,

Wow, you are great at writing comments. When I read your comment I started thinking “Wow, that is sooooo good.” Great job.

Sincerely, your friend TKN

Reply
  9. Marielle

Dear Miss B,
    My favourite subject is gym because we (the class) get to do fun thigs like playing soccer, cardio workout, dodgeball, and more. What is your favourite subject?

From Marielle

Reply
  10. isabela

Hello

My favorite subject in school is gym because I love sports and I like learning new games . Another subject that I really like is art because I love to draw and I love learning how to draw things . So thats what my favorite subjects are.

From : Isabela

Reply
  11. mariana

Dear Ms.B and classmates,

My favourite subject in school is science because we get to do expirrements.But I also like gym because I like to run and be active.

sincerly,
    mariana

Reply
  12. stephen

Dear class,
    My favourite subject is gym. This is my favourite subject because you get to run around and have fun.
    Bye

Reply
  13. Grant

My favourte soubject in school is mathematics because I am very fluint in it. Plus the techer spent alot of time to get MathReflex for the class and its fun.

Reply
  14. Gabrielle

Hello everyone My favourite subject in school is art. I like art because I love to colour and draw different things. It also passes by time for me so if I don’t know what to do I just draw!

Reply
  15. Kennedy

Dear Miss.B

I think that the workout was really fun! My favourite sudject is gym because, gym is one of the only subjects where you get to move around and not sit down and write.

From
    Kennedy

Reply
  16. zack

My favourite subject is gym because you are not crammed in a desk all day. In gym you actully get move around.

From, zack

Reply