October 16

Creating Tutorials

Greetings Visitors!

Have you ever worked with a tutor? Or, have you ever watched or listened to a tutorial that taught you or reminded you how to do something?  Youtube has a lot of different tutorials on everything from how to throw a boomerang to how to make a cake.

In Math and Science, we are making tutorials on some of the things we’ve learned in class in the hopes of sharing some of our learning with you!!

Teaching others what we learn in class also helps us to better understand…and remember our learning.

Stay tuned for our finished tutorials coming up very soon!

Posted October 16, 2012 by MrsS in category 2012-2013 Posts, Math, Science and Social Studies, Teacher Talk

8 thoughts on “Creating Tutorials

1. Maria Alejandra

Hi

I thought they did a very good job and hopefully explained it very well agamos it again.

from: Maria Alejandra

Reply
  2. isabela

Hello.

I think everyone did a really good job at doing the toutorial. It was a GREAT idea to do this kind of things.
    Ihope we do it again.

From:Isabela.

Reply
  3. Sheryl

Great to hear the views and tutorials by the children of Room 21.Took me awhile to get in & visit the site but will be sure to visit it more often in the future. Keep up the great work guys & gals!!

Reply
  4. t.k.n

Dear Miss B,

I love doing tutorials! They are sooo much fun! can`t wait to post it on the blog. Can`t
    to film them.

sincerly,your friend, T.K.N

Reply
  5. Andreia

Miss B,
    I remember about a year ago I watched a really cool tutorial on how to make a latte. I think tutorials are better than instructions because you get a visual of what you need to do. It improves the way that you actually do it. Making a tutorial is a good way to get us to read better out loud.

Andreia

Reply
    1. missb (Post author)

Andreia,
      You make a good point about some of the other benefits of tutorials such as getting the chance to better one’s oral communication skills. A lot of people seem to be visual learners, so I agree that seeing how to do something is much better than simply reading or hearing it.
      Miss B.

Reply
  6. Lisa Bonelli

Tutorials are great! I learned how to knit last year by watching a youtube tutorial. Everyone in the family recieved a lovely scarf for Christmas. (whether they wanted one or not 🙂 )

Sincerely,

Lisa Bonelli

Reply
    1. missb (Post author)

Hi Lisa,
      Tutorials are great, aren’t they? It’s amazing what’s available to us nowadays with the internet. I’m sure your family wears those scarves with
      pride!
      Warmly,
      Miss B

Reply