January 25

The NHL Should Never Ban Checking

The NHL Should Never Ban Checking                                   

By: Michael

Have you ever wondered what the NHL would be like without checking? Well I know what it would be like: it would SUCK! Think of the big strong defensemen getting ready for a big hit and all they can do is hit the other players stick. The NHL should never ban checking because it is one of the best ways to get the player off the puck. It is fun for the players to hit each other and fun for the audience to watch, and the third reason checking shouldn’t get banned is that it shows you’re strong and not afraid of the other team.

The first reason the NHL should never ban checking is that it is one of the best ways to get the player off the puck. I know checking is a better way than hitting their stick because if you knock the player down when you hit them you have a one man advantage until the player gets back up on his feet. From my own experience I know checking is a better way to get the puck because one time I was skating beside the other player and I hit him before he got a shot on net.

The second reason I think checking should never be banned is because it is fun to hit people. It is fun because if you knock a player to the ground you feel strong and not afraid of anything. Another reason why checking is fun is that if someone is about to shoot on net  and you’re flying  through  the ice going really fast and having fun then you hit the guy at full speed it is fun  and you feel good that you hit him and you feel strong. Checking is also fun for the audience to watch because they find checking entertaining to watch the players get hit into the boards.

The final reason checking should never get banned from the NHL is because it shows that you are stronger than them and not afraid of them. One of the reasons that shows you’re stronger than the other team is that if they are pushing, you around and if you don’t like them pushing you  one big hit will stop all that pushing and they will back off and get scared. That means if they get less aggressive and they’re afraid of you there is a better chance for your team to win.

The NHL should never ban checking. It is important because it is the best way to get the players and for the audience to watch, and it shows you’re strong and not afraid of the other team. When people come to watch hockey they go for the action and for the goals. But if you think about the NHL banning checking, that could means less people will come to games and maybe more player off the puck, it is fun for the hockey players will quit playing hockey just because there is no checking. That’s why the NHL is perfect the way it is and no needs for any changes.

Posted January 25, 2013 by michaelcjv6 in category 2012-2013 Posts, Writing Workshop