March 11

The Blue Morpha Butterfly

The Blue Morpha Butterfly, is an amazing creature- it has a sleek black body, with beautiful,graceful blue wings. It’s one of my favourite types of butterflies. It lives in South America. Their wingspan can be up to 13-17 centimeters! That’s around half of a ruler!

Some of their predators including baby jaguars and birds that kill them, and fish when they are near water. But the worst enemy is humans. Yes that’s right, humans are the worst predators to the Blue Morpha. Humans go into their habitat and put them into glass containers and sell them. Just think– your a Morpho Butterfly. A peaceful creature. Never did anything  wrong to hurt the world. Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere you get captured by a very mean person and he puts you in a jar.

” Where am I? Where are they taking me?” Your thinking. You see the man trading money for you. Then he gives you away, like you don’t even exist. Well that is what a Morpho Butterfly would think.

You can help save Blue Morpho Butterflies and learn a lot about them too. Just go to http://www.amersol.edu.pe/ms/7th/7block/jungle_research/new_cards/28/report28ms.html.

I hope you enjoyed reading my Post on Blue Morpho Butterflies. Remember, I believe that it only takes one to change the world.                                            

GRACE

picture by PKmousie

Posted March 11, 2012 by gracejv6 in category 2011-2012 Posts

1 thoughts on “The Blue Morpha Butterfly

1. Thea and Angie

Hi Grace,
    me and Angie both really like your post on the Blue Morpha butterfly. The blue Morpha is also one of our favourie butterflys. We where wondering have you ever seen a Blue Morpha butterfly?

Reply