January 7

Cool Science is Hot!

What does a teacher do when given an extra day (or 2 off)? Science of course! (Ok…and some report card writing).

Have a look at how Miss B. took advantage of some of the really really cold weather we’ve had lately…

What did you do on your extended holiday? How did you keep warm from the frigid temperatures?

Posted January 7, 2014 by MrsS in category 2013-2014, Science and Social Studies, Teacher Talk

17 thoughts on “Cool Science is Hot!

1. Sarah

Dear Miss B,
    I think that project was amazing!!! It was smart of you to use a spray bottle because I’ve heard that people usally burn them selves doing it. The video was really funny when you did the instant replay!

Sarah

Reply
  2. Alexander

wow. so cool how the water turned into a solid so quick. i spent some time in the snow and playing Xbox talking to LoGaN. It was really cold.

Reply
  3. josephjv

Dear Miss, B
    I think that that is very interesting, I wonder how you got that idea it was freezing! I’m happy that I was the only one who knew that!

Reply
  4. Noah

Dear miss.b. That is a really cool experience you had there! How did you come up with an experiment like that? Noah

Reply
  5. Victor

Dear Miss.B That was great I could not believe my own eyes! I think that the hot water turning into ice crystals was a sight to see

Reply
  6. Sofia

Dear Miss B,
    I watched the video and it was really funny especially the ending. I spent my snow days playing in the snow for very little time and practiced for my audition which ended up being cancelled due to the weather😡. I like your take of snow day fun. It’s different and unique.
    Hope to see more of your snow day videos (meaning more snow days).
    Sincerely,
    SOFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply
  7. Ekaterini

Dear Miss. B,
    On my extended holiday I went to my grandma’s house to “spend quality time with my cousins.” We really just ran around for no reason because nobody knew what to do. While I was making the best out of a really boring few hours my sister was simply sitting on the couch reading. If only it could be switched so I could have a break.
    It seems like you had fun and the instant reply was funny, so kudos it was pretty cool.
    I wonder what your planning for march break.
    sincerely, Ekaterini

Reply
  8. LoGaN

That was so cool. I did not think that was going to happen. I really want to try that. the instant replay was funny. it made me laugh

Reply
  9. kaitlyn

Dear Miss B,
    That experiment was so cool.The water almost turned into ice. Last year in timmins it was so cold that they did an experiment like the won that you did. This what happened:
    1.thow a cup of water into the sky
    2.it turned into ice fully befor it hit the ground.
    It was really cold when they did that. The replay was so funny how it was in slow motching and how you were saying it backwards.

Kaitlyn

Reply
  10. lucasjv

Dear Miss B

WOW!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! It was so cool when the water freezed into a solid in mid air in not even a second!!!!! I can’t wait to try this experiment when it snows again! Instant replay, was awesome too.

Thanks for showing me!!!

Sincerely,

Lucas.G

Reply
  11. Erik

Wow, good job Miss Bulsza! I think that since it was so cold that the second the boiling water came in contact with the cold air it froze instantly making it into a solid. Very Cool experiment! And also cool replay!
    Erik

Reply
  12. Maria

Dear Miss B,
    Your right science is cool and there’s a lot of cool experiments that all of us could learn or do because of science.

Reply
  13. Megan

Dear Miss B,
    WOW! That’s so cool! It was cool to see the water look like steam! How did you figure out this experiment? I wanna try it now! That reply made me laugh at first!
    Megan

Reply