March 31

You Don’t Need Super Powers to be a Hero

We’ve been talking about book trailers in Reading Workshop recently and there’s a book in our class that has been in our room since September, but it has surprised me that few people have ventured to read it. It is particularly appealing to boys.

Matthew Cody is the author and he’s written a few other books as well. Have a look at the book trailer and interview with Matthew Cody about his book Powerless.

Posted March 31, 2014 by MrsS in category 2013-2014, Reading Workshop, Teacher Talk

4 thoughts on “You Don’t Need Super Powers to be a Hero

1. Ben

Dear miss B.
    This book trailer really makes me want to read Powerless. The trailer was animated and had alot of color. It also askes some questions wich makes me want to read the Powerless. What did you think of the book trailer?

Reply
    1. missb (Post author)

Hi Ben,
      I thought the book trailer was catchy and colourful! I agree with you on all levels. I think you would like this book. Perhaps you’d like to give it a try!
      Miss B.

Reply
  2. luke

Dear miss Bulsza,
    I think that you are right because you don’t need super powers to be special. you just need to belive in yourself and not think that you are’nt special because you don’t need super powers to be special. miss bulsza if you had one super powers what would you have??!!

Reply
    1. missb (Post author)

Luke,
      Oh boy–that’s a tough question. If I had one super power I might like to teleport myself to anywhere I wanted to be. That way, I don’t need a plane ticket which can be very expensive. As well, I could spend more time seeing all the wonderful things the world has to offer rather than spend extra time in airports and in airplanes. What about you?

Reply