Sara Westbrook was welcomed back to our school recently where she focused her message on RESPECT.
Some of the things she taught us included:
- What does respect look like/sound like?
- How do we continue to respect others and ourselves even when we are mad, sad, or angry?
- What are healthy ways we can release our emotions?
- The importance of identifying our feelings and stating how we feel
- I matter, YOU matter, everyone matters
Sara taught us not to say the words “I can’t” because it is not showing ourselves respect when we give up before we really try. Instead, we can say, “I can…I just need help”.
We hope to make not only Sara proud, but also our teachers, parents, friends and ourselves when we choose to be a
UPower superhero for respect.